Museum Guidelines to Follow
The Taubman Museum of Art strives to provide an environment that is enriching and enjoyable. During your visit, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines that represent standard best practices at nearly all visual art venues:
- Please check in at the Visitor Services Desk in the atrium on the ground floor. Our staff members are your resource for museum amenities and services, including information about current exhibitions, events, programs and tickets.
- Wheelchairs are available from Visitor Services.
- Check large bags, backpacks, umbrellas and packages in the coatroom.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please do not touch the art on view.
- Non-flash photography of works in the permanent collection is allowed for personal use. Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions unless noted. Flash photography, selfie sticks and tripods are prohibited.
- Sketching with pencils or colored pencils is permitted in the galleries.
- Speaking on cell phones is not permitted in the galleries.
- Food and beverages are not permitted on the second floor or in Art Venture.
- The Museum is tobacco free. Smoking and vaping are not permitted.
- Service animals are permitted.
Please contact the Visitor Services Desk with any questions at 540.342.5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.