Sidewalk Art Show
Save the Date! Next year's show will take place: June 3-4, 2017.
We are thankful for all that came out to support our 2016 Sidewalk Art Show!
Winners were selected by independent judge, Diana Blanchard Gross, the curator of the Peninsula Fine Arts Center in Newport News, Va.
- Grand Home Furnishings Best in Show: Leslie Banta, Staunton, Va.
- Second Prize: Joshua Solomon, Norfolk, Va.
- Third Prize: Jake Johnson, Waynesboro, Va
- Paul Ostaseski Memorial Award, sponsored by the family of Paul Ostaseski: Chris Coffey, Akron, Ohio
- Allen Ingles Palmer Memorial Watercolor Award, sponsored by the Palmer family: ZL Feng, Radford, Va.
- Drawing/Original Printmaking Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Anne Wooster and Steve Peaslee, Waldoboro, Maine
- Fine Craft Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Minh Martin, Charlottesville, Va.
- Mixed Media Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Michael Farrar, Clifton Forge, Va.
- Painting Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Donna Tuten, Roanoke, Va.
- Photography Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Adrian Davis, Roanoke, Va.
- Sculpture Award sponsored by LinDor Arts: Phillip Nolley, Staunton, Va.
About the Sidewalk Art Show
Returning for its 58th year, the Sidewalk Art Show is one of southwest Virginia's most anticipated summer traditions. The show infuses downtown Roanoke with energy, excitement, and creativity. This annual event- which occurs the weekend after Memorial Day- is a premier destination for fine art shopping that offers visitors the opportunity to meet and talk with exhibiting artists. All of the works exhibited are for sale, including original paintings, prints, watercolors, etchings, mixed media, fine art photographs, fine crafts, and sculpture.
Join us as over 140 outstanding artists - many well-known and others recently discovered -show and sell the highest quality of fine art and craft. Last year's event featured artists from as far away as San Francisco, California and Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with a strong representation of local and regional artists.
»Click here» to read the press release on our 2015 winners.